I believe in loving love and embodying empathy. I strive to let humility, open-mindedness, and perseverance be my compass points. I’m an outspoken, inclusive humanitarian, who believes that people and personal connections are everything. I feel most whole when I’m in nature, and I think art is essential to the human experience. So is really good coffee.
Photography encompasses everything I am—storyteller, creative, romantic, human.
I’m a Salt Lake City and Park City Wedding Photographer who proudly calls Utah home. I also love destination weddings and elopements. I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have been able to devote my career full-time to photography for the past four years after having worked as a photojournalist, writer, and advocate for education and the outdoors. Honestly, I can’t imagine doing anything else other than photography. It’s a joy to capture meaningful moments and create art with amazing humans from all over the world!
* I’ve slept under the stars more than 1,000 nights
* I moved to Utah from Tennessee 10-plus years ago
* I was a guide in a wilderness therapy program for years
* I started an education and education nonprofit in Ghana
* I’ve won awards for journalism and fiction writing (and photography, of course)
* I’ve exhibited at exactly one fine art photography show
* Cooking is seriously my thing
* I can craft a mean cocktail, to boot
* I’ve raised several thousand dollars for Utah nonprofits with an annual fundraiser called Portraits for a Better Beehive
* ENFJ-A (the protagonist)
Your story is the most important thing to me. So I balance capturing authentic and candid photos of the celebration with crafting creative portraits that honor who you are together and as individuals. I'll document how your day felt—the joy, the jitters, the crazy party, the wild love.
From the intimate to the epic, I will be fully present for you. I'm a team player and a friend, on top of being an artist and photographer. I want you to feel relaxed and have fun while working with me, because photography should be an awesome experience!