Log Haven has been voted one of Utah’s best wedding venues and it is easy to see why. Located in Millcreek Canyon this charming restaurant is nestled among tall pines and steep granite cliffs. There are over 40 acres of land, including a large lawn and beautiful lake for larger weddings, and a hillside patio for smaller ceremonies.
We’ve compiled essential Log Haven wedding info on this page.
Log Haven Wedding Info
Log Haven marries a rustic mountain aesthetic with pure elegance. It’s a historic Utah venue, originally built as an anniversary gift for the wife of the founder of Geneva Steel. Now it is one of the state’s best restaurants. It has beautiful grounds, including a lake, waterfalls, winding paths, intimate patios, and too many wildflowers, trees, and ferns to count.
Log Haven hosts weddings year-round though the spring, summer, and early fall months provide the optimal experience.
Wedding Ceremony Sites
Log Haven offers several options for your ceremony.
- The waterfall and garden patio is a lovely outdoor spot where you can wed in front of a natural waterfall on the hillside. While the space is normally a reception space, it also can be used for ceremonies. In the winter months, it is tented and strung with lights to become the Winter Conservatory.
- The Hillside Amphitheater offers a multi-level limestone walkway perfect for a bride’s grand entrance.
- The Lakeside Garden Meadow provides the largest outdoor location. It is a large lawn overlooking a beautiful pond surrounded by flowers and cattails.
- The Wasatch Room, Foyer, and West Deck offer the largest dining space with a spacious foyer, private deck, and view of the cascading waterfall and pond areas.
- The Library Suite, including the Large and Small Rains Rooms, can be reserved as a package or individually. It features an intimate setting complete with a pass-through fireplace.
Wedding Reception Site
All of the ceremony venues can be used as reception sites, with the most popular being the garden patio/winter conservatory. This space can accommodate cocktail receptions, buffets, plated dinners, and dancing. Additional tables can be set up on adjoining patios and decks, as well as inside the building for larger weddings.
Bridal Suite/ Getting Ready Rooms
There are private dressing rooms near the Lake Pavillion. Plenty of light and room to perfect your look.
Other unique amenities
When you book your celebration at Log Haven you are given use of the grounds for a photography session on a separate day. Space for your ceremony rehearsal and dinner is available. In addition, for parties with more than 100 guests valet parking will be provided.
Sustainability is important to this woman-owned business and Log Haven has taken several steps to lessen its carbon footprint including purifying spring water on-site and joining a program to convert fryer oil into biodiesel.
What is the capacity?
Capacity varies depending on the space being used.
- The Wasatch Room, Foyer, and West Deck can accommodate 150 seated guests.
- The Winter Conservatory can accommodate 90 guests for a seated ceremony and 80 for a seated dinner.
- The Lakeside Garden Meadow can accommodate 350 seated guests.
- The Library Suite can accommodate 75 seated guests.
- The Waterfall and Garden Patio can accommodate 125 seated guests.
- The Hillside Amphitheater can accommodate 200 seated guests for a ceremony and 100 for a seated dinner.
Where is the location?
Log Haven is located in Millcreek Canyon in the Wasatch National Forest.
How many weddings are hosted on-site each day?
One wedding is held on-site each day, but the restaurant does not necessarily close to the public depending on the spaces being used.
Are there any time or noise restrictions?
Music must end by 11:30 pm at the venue.
Is this venue ADA-accessible?
Not all areas of the venue are accessible. Please contact them for more information.
What is the pet policy?
Contact the venue for details.
Log Haven Wedding Cost
Log Haven’s pricing depends on the space reserved, time of day, day of the week, and season. A broad range of base rates is listed below:
- Ceremony-only weddings range from $1,000-$2,000.
- Ceremony starts at $250 when reserved with reception.
- Reception reservations are priced between $700-$10,000 and include six hours of event time (five hours for daytime events).
- Extra time can be reserved at $325 per hour.
- Usage fees for chairs, tables, linens, monogrammed china, stemware, and stainless silver begin at $750.
- Menu pricing starts at $32 per person.
Wedding Catering and Lodging
What are the catering options?
All catering is done by Log Haven, and, trust us, you will not be disappointed. This is regarded as one of the finest restaurants in the state with tasty continental cuisine made with local ingredients.
What are the included decor options and restrictions?
Linens are included, but the rest of the decor is up to you!
What are the lodging (on-site or nearby) options?
There are numerous hotels within a 20-minute drive from Log Haven. Your guests can either stay at one of the many hotels in Salt Lake City, or book a room at the Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn, or Residence by Marriott at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon.
Is there an in-house wedding planner or day-of coordinator?
Log Haven offers full-service event planning with their personalized wedding consultant.
What are some nearby attractions?
Millcreek Canyon is an amazing attraction in and of itself. Hike the pipeline trail, or fish for trout in the river. If you are feeling really adventurous take the long route to Dog Lake at the very top of the canyon.
Log Haven Contact Info
Please contact Faith Scheffler at 801-272-8255 or email@example.com.
6451 Millcreek Canyon Rd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Why you should get married at Log Haven
There is a reason Log Haven is a popular wedding venue. It’s accrued a trophy hall’s worth of awards for its food, ambiance, and event offerings. Every detail is stunning and well thought out, but not overly showy or audacious. You are surrounded by nature, in an intimate setting, with a carefully curated food and drink menu. It’s definitely a night to remember.
More Utah Wedding Venues
Still searching for the perfect wedding venue? You’re in luck! We’ve created the most comprehensive online wedding venue guide in Utah. Read in-depth information and costs for more than 50 Utah Wedding Venues!
Where to Go Next
- Browse my wedding photography portfolio.
- Learn about the experience you’d have working with me.
- Contact me today to schedule a chat about your wedding!
*Updated in April 2023 to reflect current wedding information. Please always confirm pricing and details with the venue, as items are subject to change