Solitude Mountain Resort is a ski resort outside of Salt Lake City that hosts beautiful weddings on its grounds during the summer months. There are multiple meadows, lawns, and patios where outdoor ceremonies can be held, as well as indoor spaces with cozy fireplaces for receptions.
Here’s what you need to know to start planning your wedding at Solitude.
Solitude Mountain Resort Wedding Info
Solitude is all about mountain elegance. All of the ceremony and reception venues take advantage of the resort’s amazing surroundings being nestled in Little Cottonwood Canyon. You are surrounded by ancient trees, breathtaking mountains, wildflowers galore, and the rushing Little Cottonwood Creek. Buildings at the resort are designed to look like they came out of an alpine village and every detail is designed to help you relax and enjoy your celebration.
The best months to host a wedding at Solitude are June through October.
Wedding Ceremony Sites
There are multiple ceremony sites available at Solitude, and all of them take advantage of the natural surroundings.
- The Inn lawn is on the banks of Little Cottonwood Creek and looks up at the mountains and trees.
- At the Moonbeam Lodge, there are two different ceremony options, either the Moonbeam lawn with sweeping views of the mountains, or Postcard Flat, which, as its name suggests, is pretty as a postcard with ample wildflowers.
- Last Chance Lodge has a lawn that looks up the ski run to the top of the mountain and is especially beautiful in the fall.
- The Roadhouse, located midmountain, has a charming meadow for your ceremony on a small bluff surrounded by Aspen trees.
All venues also have indoor spaces for use in case of inclement weather.
Wedding Reception Site
St. Bernard’s at the Inn, Moonbeam Lodge, Last Chance Lodge, and Roundhouse all have the rustic charm of ski lodges, with truly elegant touches like exposed wooden beams, large rock fireplaces, huge windows, and luxurious decor. All have room for dining and dance floors.
Outdoor reception spaces are also available at all four venues. Tables and chairs can be set on the lawns for an exquisite outdoor dining experience and then your guests can dance under the stars. At Moonbeam the outdoor space is a large patio off the main lodge.
Bridal Suite/ Getting Ready Rooms
There are rooms available to use for wedding preparations. Couples may also want to reserve a room at the resort for more room.
Other unique amenities
Solitude is an amazing venue for a reasonable price. It gives you all the views, locations, and amenities of other venues, but costs quite a bit less. They also provide, as part of the rental fee, an event coordinator to navigate your many choices. They help build a day-of timeline, design a layout for your event, and coordinate with outside vendors. You’ll also have a day-of coordinator on site. The team at Solitude is among the best in the business.
What is the capacity?
Venue capacity depends on the site where you are holding your event.
- The Inn Lawn and St. Bernards: up to 70 guests.
- Moonbeam lawn/postcard flat and Moonbeam Lodge: up to 150 guests.
- Last Chance Lodge: up to 250 guests.
- Roadhouse: up to 200 guests.
Where is the location?
Solitude is located in Big Cottonwood Canyon about 40 minutes from the Salt Lake International Airport.
How many weddings are hosted on-site each day?
As many as two weddings are held at Solitude each day but do not come in contact with each other.
Are there any time or noise restrictions?
All festivities must end at 10 PM. You have access to the venue starting at 11 AM on the day of your wedding.
Is this venue ADA-accessible?
Yes, the venue is ADA-accessible.
What is the pet policy?
Pets are not allowed at Solitude because it is a watershed area.
Solitude Mountain Resort Wedding Cost
Costs depend on the venue booked and the day of the week. Check with event managers because there often are unadvertised specials.
- The Inn lawn and St. Bernards: Monday through Thursday the cost is $1,500, and Friday through Sunday it is $2,500. A $3,000 food and beverage minimum is also required.
- Moonbeam Lodge: Sunday through Thursday the cost is $5,000, and Friday it is $6,000 and Saturday it is $6,500. A $4,000 to $6,000 food and beverage minimum is also required.
- Last Chance Lodge: Monday through Thursday the cost is $4,500, and Friday through Sunday it is $6,000. A $4,000-$6,000 food and beverage minimum is also required.
- Roundhouse: The venue fee is $9,000 any day of the week with a $6,000 food and beverage minimum.
All wedding packages ceremony site, chairs, tables, a sound system, dance floor, linens, tableware, tent if needed, and two firepits if conditions allow. Couples also are given access to a wedding coordinator to help plan.
Wedding Catering and Lodging
What are the catering options?
All catering is done by Solitude and they have an expansive menu that can cater to any taste. They also are willing to prepare dishes from your family recipes if you have something special you would like to share with your guests.
What are the included decor options and restrictions?
Your event coordinator will help with any restrictions.
What are the lodging (on-site or nearby) options?
There are lots of lodging options at Solitude from hotel rooms to condos and entire homes for rent. All rooms come with access to “Club Solitude” which has pools, hot tubs, saunas, a fitness center, and more.
All guests of your wedding will receive a discount of 20% on stays of two nights or more.
What are the check-in/check-out times for guests staying overnight?
Check-in begins at 4 PM and check-out is at noon.
Is there an in-house wedding planner or day-of coordinator?
Solitude provides an in-house wedding coordinator to help with planning and all the details.
What are some nearby attractions?
Solitude is great for skiing, but there is also plenty to do in the summer months. Guests can ride the chairlift to take a look at the mountains or enjoy rock climbing and a bungee trampoline in the Adventure Park. Solitude is also home to really cool disc golf course. It also has a European spa if you need time to relax.
Solitude Mountain Resort Contact Info
Solitude Mountain Resort
Solitude, UT 84121
Why you should get married at Solitude Mountain Resort
Solitude Mountain Resort in Little Cottonwood Canyon is the perfect place for couples. With its stunning views of the mountains and beautiful wildflowers, it is the ideal setting for a romantic outdoor wedding. The resort also offers on-site wedding coordinators to help plan and execute your dream wedding, as well as a maximum of two weddings per day so that each couple can enjoy an intimate experience. From June through October, couples can choose from a range of amenities to create the perfect atmosphere for their wedding. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor ceremony or an indoor reception, Solitude Mountain Resort has something to offer everyone.
More Utah Wedding Venues
Still searching for the perfect wedding venue? You’re in luck! We’ve created the most comprehensive online wedding venue guide in Utah. Read in-depth information and costs for more than 50 Utah Wedding Venues!
Where to Go Next
- Browse my wedding photography portfolio.
- Learn about the experience you’d have working with me.
- Contact me today to schedule a chat about your wedding!
*Updated in May 2023 to reflect current wedding information. Please always confirm pricing and details with the venue, as items are subject to change