We’ve compiled essential Sundance Mountain Resort wedding info and costs below.
Sundance Mountain Resort was established in 1969 by Robert Redford. His vision was “to create an unspoiled and authentic experience in this intimate mountain resort where art, nature, and commerce unite to inspire and develop people, voices, and ideas.” I’d say, mission accomplished.
Sundance Mountain Resort Wedding Info
Sundance Mountain Resort is a popular wedding destination for couples looking for a remote and rustic, yet luxurious experience.
Sundance offers a wide variety of ceremony and reception sites, both indoor and outdoor. They accommodate everything from the most intimate gathering to the most extravagant celebrations. And the dining and catering options are some of the best in Utah.
You can have your wedding at Sundance Mountain Resort year round.
Wedding Ceremony and Reception Sites
- Creekside faces the Timpanogos Mountains. It boasts one of the best views for your ceremony.
- Redford Conference Center is a 3,500 square-foot building tucked into a woodsy landscape. It creates seamless transitions between indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Rehearsal Hall is Sundance Resort’s largest indoor space. A wonderful feature is the sliding glass barn doors that overlook Sundance pond.
- The Screening Room was built to showcase the films from the Sundance Film Festival. The space opens up onto a lawn next to the nearby pond and waterfall.
- Wasatch is a 900 square-foot cedar cabin with a fireplace and patio. It’s perfect for intimate ceremonies.
- Elk Meadows’ remote outdoor location requires some extra transportation time. But the aspen tree escape is perfect for ceremonies.
- Bearclaw is a mountain lodge accessed via ski lift. It affords 360-degree views of the valleys on either side of the resort.
On average, Sundance Mountain Resort wedding ceremonies can accommodate 220 seated guests. Standing receptions can accommodate up to 300 guests.
Sundance Mountain Resort is located in Provo Canyon, about 25 minutes from both Provo and Heber City. The resort is approximately an hour from the Salt Lake International Airport.
Weddings per Day
Sundance Mountain Resort cannot guarantee that your wedding will be the only wedding of the day. This is because of the various public and private spots on the mountain.
Time and Noise Restrictions
- In accordance with resort quiet hours, music must be turned down at 11 p.m.
- Alcohol can be served at private functions from 10 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Events that go past 1 a.m. or begin prior to 6 a.m. will be billed additional labor fees at $200 per hour.
Please contact Sundance Mountain Resort to review venue-specific wheelchair accessibility.
Pets are be allowed at your wedding, depending on the venue and with advanced notice. Sundance charges a $25 per pet per night lodging fee.
Sundance Mountain Resort offers an many outdoor activities. These include winter skiing. During the summer, there’s horseback riding, ziplining, mountain biking, hiking, and fly fishing.
Sundance Mountain Resort Wedding Cost
Your ceremony and reception fees are billed at a per person basis. The traditional package starts at $150, and the preemier package starts at $170. Room rentals are priced depending on the size of the wedding:
90-99 guests: $1,500
80-89 guests: $3,000
70-79 guests: $4,500
60-69 guests: $6,000
Rehearsal dinners are priced off of Sundance’s main dinner menu and vary dependent on guest choices.
Sundance Resort requires an indoor space as a weather backup. This rental fee is charged regardless if the space is used. In the summer, couples often choose to have the ceremony outside and the reception or cocktail hour inside.
Wedding Catering and Lodging
Sundance Mountain Resort offers a wide variety of in-house catering options.
Sundance is a one-stop shop by providing tables, chairs, china, glass, silver, and basic linens.
Sundance Mountain Resort has a banquet liquor license allowing couples to have a staffed bar. All alcohol served at private functions must be purchased from Sundance.
Sundance Mountain Resort does not provide a wedding cake. There is a cake cutting service fee of $2.50 per person.
Sundance provides event staff with one server per fifty guests for buffet meals or one server per twenty guests for plated meals. Additional servers, staff or attendants may be requested.
Sundance’s catering manager is on hand to assist with arrangements for centerpieces, flowers, speciality linens, decor, and entertainment.
Lodging (On-site or Nearby)
Sundance requires groups to book lodging when booking a ceremony and offers discounted options for wedding guests.
Full-priced rooms range between $215 and $500 per night depending on the season and the room type.
The closest off-site lodging is in Provo or Heber City. Sundance recommends the Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, but guests should note that it is 20 – 30 minutes away from the resort.
Sundance offers the bride and groom one complimentary room, complete with a welcome package and 60-minute massage.
Wedding guests receive 10% off spa treatments.
In-house Wedding Planner and Day-of Coordinator
While Sundance Mountain Resort’s team assists in the planning aspects of an event, such as room setup, menus, lodging, and guest activities. However, they do not provide an in-house wedding planner.
Sundance Mountain Resort encourages single day weddings to hire an outside coordinator. They require any multiple-day events to hire a wedding planner.
Please reach out to Sundance Mountain Resort with any additional questions or to book your wedding.
Please call the Sundance wedding specialist at 877-533-1929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sundance Mountain Resort
8841 N. Alpine Loop Road
Sundance, UT 84604
More Utah Wedding Venues
Are you still searching for the perfect wedding venue in Utah? Sweet, you’re in luck. We’ve pulled together information and costs for more than 40 Utah Wedding Venues!
Where to Go Next
- Browse my wedding photography portfolio.
- Learn about the experience you’d have working with me.
- Contact me today to schedule a chat about your wedding!