Museums are excellent venues for weddings and The Leonardo in downtown Salt Lake City is quickly becoming a popular location for couples to say their vows. It has several options available for weddings and receptions from a rooftop courtyard to a two-story lobby featuring a kinetic sculpture. Its location in the center of the city makes it extremely accessible and provides amazing views of the skyline and mountains.
Take a look at The Leonardo wedding info and costs below.
The Leonardo Wedding Info
The Leonardo is housed in a midcentury modern building that previously housed the main branch of the Salt Lake City library. It has thousands of square feet of interactive exhibits, as well as almost a dozen event spaces from classrooms to ballrooms. There is also access to plenty of outdoor space on Library Square where food trucks can be set up and wedding getaways can be staged.
The Leonardo hosts weddings year around.
Wedding Ceremony Sites
There are several spaces at the Leonardo that are perfect for ceremonies.
- Skyline Courtyard is a beautiful glass-walled space with city views and the sky overhead.
- The Atrium is a multi-story modern space with hanging sculptures and towering escalators.
- The Patio is perfect if you want Salt Lake City to really be a part of your ceremony. It is a charming outdoor space with views of the library, and Washington Square Park.
Wedding Reception Site
The reception spaces at the Leonardo are truly unique and exceptional.
- The Skyline and Skyline Courtyard are the most traditional of the reception venues. Here you have stunning views of the city from almost every angle, with plenty of room for dining and dancing.
- The Atrium is a perfect space for a cocktail reception under two-story ceilings, beautiful hanging art, and mid-century modern fixtures. Your celebration can also spill out onto the Patio where you may choose to have food trucks for your guests. The patio can also be booked separately.
- Flight is a permanent exhibit at the Leonardo and a unique pick for a reception. Here your guests can try out flight simulators, explore decommissioned aircraft, and learn all about aeronautics.
- Human Rights Gallery Here your guests can wander through the history of humanity covering hundreds of different stories and aspects of science and technology. It’s not just a wedding, it’s a learning experience.
- IDEA Space is perfect for couples who want to give their guests an immersive museum experience. Images and video can be projected onto the walls to really take guests inside the artwork.
Bridal Suite/ Getting Ready Rooms
Wedding preparations should take place off-site.
Other unique amenities
You aren’t going to find many other venues with the look and feel of the Leonardo. It is part of Salt Lake City’s history and devoted to promoting the arts and sciences. You can share your love of learning with your guests as you celebrate your wedding.
What is the capacity?
For ceremonies, the Skyline Courtyard can seat up to 75 people, the Atrium can seat 50, and the Patio can seat 100.
For receptions, the Skyline and Skyline Courtyard can seat up to 300 for dinner or 400 for a flowing reception. The Atrium can seat 50 for dining or 150 for a flowing reception. The Patio can seat 100 for dinner or 200 for a flowing reception.
The galleries give a little more space for receptions. A flowing reception in the Flight space can accommodate up to 500. The Human Rights Gallery can seat 90 for dinner or 200 for a flowing reception. IDEA space can seat 200 for dinner, or 250 for a flowing reception.
Where is the location?
The Leonardo is located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, roughly 15 minutes from the Salt Lake International Airport.
How many weddings are hosted on-site each day
Multiple events may be held on-site each day. Please contact the venue for details.
Are there any time or noise restrictions?
Please call the venue for details.
Is this venue ADA-accessible?
The venue is ADA-accessible.
What is the pet policy?
Pets are not allowed at the Leonardo.
The Leonardo Wedding Cost
Please contact the venue or pricing options.
Wedding Catering and Lodging
What are the catering options?
You can use any caterer you would like!
What are the included decor options and restrictions?
Tables and chairs are provided by the venue. The rest is up to you!
What are the lodging (on-site or nearby) options?
The Leonardo is within walking distance of many of the best hotels in Salt Lake City including Grand America, Little America, and Hotel Monaco by Kimpton.
Is there an in-house wedding planner or day-of coordinator?
A venue coordinator is available to help you with planning.
What are some nearby attractions?
The Leonardo has plenty to do with thousands of feet of exhibits just waiting to be explored. Your guests also could check out the main library less than a block away, or wander the historic grounds of Washington Square Park just across the street.
The Leonardo Contact Info
For more information, please contact the venue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-531-9800 ext 126.
209 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Why you should get married at The Leonardo
The Leonardo is the perfect wedding venue for couples who enjoy science, are patrons of the arts, or simply love Salt Lake City. Located at the heart of downtown this museum is located in one of the most iconic buildings in the city and features thousands of square feet of exhibits for you and your guests to enjoy. There is also ample room for celebrations using the vendors of your choice either indoors or out on the patio.
More Utah Wedding Venues
Still searching for the perfect wedding venue? You’re in luck! We’ve created the most comprehensive online wedding venue guide in Utah. Read in-depth information and costs for more than 50 Utah Wedding Venues!
Where to Go Next
- Browse my wedding photography portfolio.
- Learn about the experience you’d have working with me.
- Contact me today to schedule a chat about your wedding!
*Updated in June 2023 to reflect current wedding information. Please always confirm pricing and details with the venue, as items are subject to change.